There are few things in which we have made as many mistakes as in management.
When we started our business, we greatly appreciated lack of procedures. We were fast, versatile and could react to chances in surroundings immediately. New ideas were implemented instantly and our expansion rate was significantly higher than results obtained by the competition.
We made fun of big companies and their bureaucracy and slowness.
This our agility was certainly a blessing in the initial stage of the company's development. Unfortunately for us, we miss the moment when this stage was over.
The company has grown - the team has expanded, the number of projects has increased several times, technology has complicated - and we still have worked as a startup.
However, at some point we opened Pandora's box and began the most stressful and irritating period of MDB history.
The number of clients and sales has skyrocketed. Profits has multiplied, marketing success has dizzied us. From outside it looked like a fairy tales. From inside - like a fire in a brothel.
Because of the lack of procedures - each member of the team worked according to its vision and own rules. It caused a lot of conflicts and dramatically slowed down work of the entire company.
What was a blessing for a few people startup - for the enlarged company became a curse. The previously despited procedures stared began to appear us as a rescue from this chaos.
After 8 weeks of struggle related with structuring of all processes and implementation of procedures, I felt as if woke up in the new company. Literally all aspects have improved - from efficiency, creativity to satisfaction from the work of the entire team.
Before going into details related to our management, I say a few words about the used tools.
The list is short and sample:
- Trello - for task managing and implementing of Scrum methodology
- Slack - for communication in the team
- Confluence - for knowledge managing in the company
- Google Calendar - we enter there everything, from the dates o updates, marketing campaigns, meeting to team-building events and business brunch.
- Gitlab and Bitbucket - to manage the code
- When it comes to handling of git, it depends on preferences. Some use GitKraken, some commit from the console and the masochists remain at Source Tree.
Previous post Next post
Spreed the word: Add comment